When Anxiety Entered My Story
In 2019, I was hospitalized with pneumonia and spent a week there recovering. During that time, I had the same people taking care of me at night. I am not sure if this was because I was in isolation due to a spot on my lung.
It was during that time that I met a CNA who was willing to break the rules about patient/caregiver interaction after the patient leaves. The CNA was willing to be my friend on social media, even though he knew that was a big, fat no.
The CNA was helping me with things like medication questions. It was a very professional "friendship." This continued for just under two months, until he was caught by a supervisor and the blame was put on me.
I went to the Emergency Department because I was having a panic attack and was afraid that I had done something wrong. In response, the CNA called the police and made out that I was an obsessed stalker.
The officer happened to be a friend of mine—and a good one. He did his due diligence to get the whole story. I was able to show why I had been at the CNA's place of employment and that I wasn't there to see this person.
I also used the CNA's own words to support my side of what had happened. I agreed to avoid this person at all costs, but the experience led to anxiety about running into this person on my way to work.
This led to me starting medication and therapy so I could live a life as close to normal as possible.
Join me on this journey.
Comments
Post a Comment